1. WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2015 THAT YOU'D NEVER DONE BEFORE?
I went to jail. So that was a thing. But I also flew to Seattle, marking the beginning of a great end of the year.
2. DID YOU KEEP YOUR NEW YEARS' RESOLUTIONS, AND WILL YOU MAKE MORE FOR NEXT YEAR?
I don't make them. I choose to be resolute about things at all times, not just for New Year's sake.
3. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU GIVE BIRTH?
No. However, my friend Amanda did get knocked up! She's due in May :)
4. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU DIE?
No, thank God.
5. WHAT COUNTRIES DID YOU VISIT?
I was like, 20 miles from Canada when I was in Washington with ballroom lol.
6. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN 2016 THAT YOU LACKED IN 2015?
7. WHAT DATE FROM 2015 WILL REMAIN ETCHED UPON YOUR MEMORY, AND WHY?
October 21 - Nov 4th, when Bret came to visit! << SAME! <3 One of the best times of my entire life. :) also, March 26th, when I was arrested and put in jail, May 5th, when I was released from jail, and August 6th, when I was in a near-fatal car accident.
8. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR?
Successfully completing my probation.
9. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST FAILURE?
Going to jail.
10. DID YOU SUFFER ILLNESS OR INJURY?
I badly injured my right leg in my accident, as well as a severe concussion. But, I lived, so I can't really complain.
11. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?
I just bought a Lana Del Rey shirt I'm very excited about... lol.
12. WHOSE BEHAVIOR MERITED CELEBRATION?
The first person I thought of was Malala Yousafzai, even though I don't know her in real life. She's a goddamn inspiration, though, and I think she's wonderful.
13. WHOSE BEHAVIOR MADE YOU APPALLED AND DEPRESSED?
My grandmother, who had me arrested after a severe lie she told, thus snowballing a dreadful middle section of the year. I have forgiven her for myself and myself only; not for her.
14. WHERE DID MOST OF YOUR MONEY GO?
Crystals and Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee lol
15. WHAT DID YOU GET REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT?
Going to Seattle to see Kaycee. Also, Kaycee getting in contact with me again. <3 And included in that is seeing Marina and the Diamonds in concert!
16. WHAT SONG WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF 2015?
Wild by Troye Sivan and Hello by Adele.
17. COMPARED TO THIS TIME LAST YEAR, ARE YOU:
I'm sober and that's the best feeling in the world. I did it myself with no intervention, no rehab, nothing: just pure dedication to living clean. My nephew inspires me.
18. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE MORE OF?
Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I'd been less anxiety riddled in Seattle and gone and done several things Kaycee had planned, but I just couldn't do it because I didn't have my medication. I have no regrets, though. I'm proud of myself this year. I think I did great considering the hell I went through.
19. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE LESS OF?
Jail time... lol.
20. HOW WILL YOU BE SPENDING CHRISTMAS?
It felt 0% like Christmas, and I spent it as if it were any other day. I did live vicariously through my nephew, and through people's joy on Facebook. I've become a real Scrooge.
21. DID YOU FALL IN LOVE IN 2015?
22. HOW MANY ONE-NIGHT STANDS?
I *think* zero but I can't really remember the first couple months lol =X
23. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TV PROGRAM?
Kaycee got me into Broad City, which I LOOOOVE. The Walking Dead and RuPaul's Drag Race, too.
24. DO YOU HATE ANYONE NOW THAT YOU DIDN'T HATE THIS TIME LAST YEAR?
25. WHAT WAS THE BEST BOOK YOU READ?
Mamrie Hart's You Deserve A Drink. So funny.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR GREATEST MUSICAL DISCOVERY?
Christine and the Queens, who opened for Marina. She's killer and her album fuckin' slays!
27. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND GET?
I wanted to travel and get out of Florida for a while, and Kaycee provided me with that opportunity, as well as the Marina concert. I was bitter @ Marina for not having a Florida date... it was serendipity that she just so happened to be in Seattle at the same time Kaycee had me there. It was just a magical two weeks!! I love you ballroom, more than you'll ever know. <3
28. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND NOT GET?
Moneyyyy lol. More rather, disability. Wish it was easier than having to fight for it. Also, that's not so much a want as a need. What I WANTED? To see Britney in Vegas. lol.
29. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE FILM OF THIS YEAR?
I Smile Back, I think. I'm trying to think of what films I saw this year. I Smile Back was absolutely excellent though.
30. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, AND HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I turned 30 and I did nothing.
31. WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE MADE YOUR YEAR IMMEASURABLY MORE SATISFYING?
Not going to jail for 40 days.
32. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL FASHION CONCEPT IN 2015?
Brow game fleeked. Leggings with boots. Jackets that are too tight on purpose, anddd... NOT crystals, because I hate when people wear them for fashion rather than effect.
33. WHAT KEPT YOU SANE?
My nephew and my friends.
34. WHICH CELEBRITY/PUBLIC FIGURE DID YOU FANCY THE MOST?
Britney, Troye, Adele, Lana, Miley
35. WHAT POLITICAL ISSUE STIRRED YOU THE MOST?
The entirety of the GOP and how inflammatory they were/are.
36. WHO DID YOU MISS?
40 days in jail without seeing my nephew was actual torture.
37. WHO WAS THE BEST NEW PERSON YOU MET?
I didn't really meet anybody new. But I was reintroduced to Kaycee, <3.
38. TELL US A VALUABLE LIFE LESSON YOU LEARNED IN 2015:
Sometimes, Jesus is the answer. Or whatever higher power -- you must have faith in something. Because when you're at your lowest low, with no one for support... that higher power can affect you in extreme and positive ways.
39. QUOTE A SONG LYRIC THAT SUMS UP YOUR YEAR:
"I'm doing my face with magic marker. I'm in my right place, don't be a downer. I am actually good,
can't help it if we're tilted." ~ Tilted by Christine and the Queens.